Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 49

Forty-nine days and I'm finally painting!  It started with a painting party with my niece and nephew.  


We painted for probably an hour.  They would've kept going, but it was time for them to go to bed.




The top one (below) is Minnie Mouse by my niece who's only 6.  She even made the eyelashes.  I'm so proud of her!



After letting them jump on the bed for a while (I love being an aunt!) and telling them a good night story, I got inspired to paint more.  The colors my niece, nephew, and I had used reminded me of the painting by Henri de Toulous-Lautrec that my roommate from college told me about.  

I used the drawing I had started on Day 23 and projected it on to a piece of cardboard.  Then I started painting.




It felt great to be mixing colors and actually painting again.  I'm looking forward to more of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment