Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 70

The kitchen was my playground for today.  
We had beets with our dinner tonight, and when I was working on the dishes afterwards, I saw the pot with the leftover beets and beet juice.  I wondered how well beet juice would work as a paint, so I tried it out.
The heart is really fascinating.  It's not very big, but it's so important.  It works hard, and needs to be taken care of and protected so it can be efficient.  I've decided today that I'm going to be more intentional about helping my heart, by exercising more regularly and eating more healthfully.  It's too early for a New Year's resolution, so it'll be my Day 70 resolution!

Let's get back on the beet!  The more I got a feel for the juice, the more I liked working with it.  I even added some food coloring and did a splatter painting with the different shades.
I dabbed the brush on a paper towel to check the color or get excess liquid off.  This napkin was underneath the paper towel.
It was interesting to see this, because the paper towel had the solid mixed colors, while the napkin ended up separating a bit, showing the mixed colors surrounded by the original beet juice color.



At work, earlier today, I made another button cover for the register (like Day 60) so I would remember which drawer I was in.  






No comments:

Post a Comment