Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 10 (Double digits!)

What a day!  I was inspired in so many different ways today.  First, as I was driving to church this morning, I saw three cranes, which looked to be parents with their young crane (called a colt, as the internet just told me), grazing along with some geese.  I had to try to get some pictures.


I'd love to get a camera that could zoom in farther and be really clear, but for now, I think my camera still takes some pretty decent pictures, especially since I've had it for probably 6 years.




Then later, I was using a glue gun and some of the glue had oozed out into a glob.  
I added some more on, attempting to make some sort of shapes.  


I wasn't successful.  It looks a bit like a morbidly obese ice skating penguin with a long tail.  I'm sure with lots of practice, someone could make cool stuff with hot glue.  I searched a little on the internet and found a tree made from hot glue on this blog:


Definitely cool.


Later we decided to have a bonfire outside.  I absolutely love fire.  I get so enthralled by it, I could probably stare at it for hours.  I tried using a slower shutter speed on my camera while my sister and I used burning marshmallows.  


They weren't burning consistently or long enough, though, 
so I just used the fire for a while to get some interesting shots.






The fire has gone to bed and so must I.




No comments:

Post a Comment