Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 16

When I got up this morning, it was cold.  It sunk in that summer is over.  There isn't much time left for the green-ness, the flowers, and the insects, so I went to the park today to take advantage of the time still available. 

There were a ton of geese flying through the park.  I didn't focus too much on trying to get a good shot of them, but I was able to quickly get this one.


I got there early enough to see dew on the grass which was fun to try to capture.


While working on that, I saw a woodlouse (pill bug, potato bug, roly-poly).  He was a busy little bug so it was hard to get a good shot.  He did let me get a clear shot of his butt, though.


For the first time, ever, I thought a potato bug was kind of cute.  Apparently people sometimes keep them as pets.  I'm not sure if I'd go that far (yet), but seeing them up close was nice.


The flowers were beautiful.



I was able to get a shot of a black cricket.  At one point he got startled and ended up jumping on my camera before hopping away.  


I ventured onto a closed off bridge.  There were so many spider webs with pretty good sized spiders in them.  Most of them had made tunnels that they hid in.  Often when I approached with the camera, they would retreat further into the hole.


This guy was very aggressive, though.  He came out of the hole and moved towards me, twice.  I didn't stay there too long.  I enjoy taking pictures of spiders, but I definitely wouldn't want one on me.  


This grasshopper was leery of me and moved slowly away.  It almost seemed as though he was hurt.


Then a little ways away, I saw these two.  Maybe there was a fight over the mating.




A few months ago I was at the zoo and saw a bear sitting.  He reminded me of a man, lounging in a recliner watching television.  He probably would be drinking a beer, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment