Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 11

My Artventure for today involves scribbles.  Sometimes in our down time at work, my coworker will scribble something on a piece of paper.  She'll then give it to me and my task is to try to draw something using that scribble.


If I do the scribbles again, I'll try to have the original scribble and the drawing after be 
different colors so they'll be more distinguishable.


My favorite of the day was of "sad dog."


I love this game.  Not only is it fun, but it helps me to get ideas for characters without the pressure of having to think too hard.  When I try to come up with characters on my own, I always feel like it has to be perfect.  This works well, because it's quick and easy, and I can do the refining and perfecting later.


The scribble drawing could be like a first rough draft of a character.  
I used some construction paper to make a second draft of "sad dog."  There still are more changes that should be made, but even just from scribble to colored paper, it's an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment